The EU Macro-Regional Strategies Week (EU MRS WEEK) is the biggest Brussels-based event dedicated to connect key stakeholders from line Ministries of the four MRS (EUSBSR, EUSDR, EUSAIR, EUSALP)* and beyond, representatives of EU institutions, research and academia, various sectors, civil society organisation and citizens.
The EU MRS Week helps improve public understanding of the added value of MRS, it features debates about their future development, it coordinates exchanges and best practises among the four MRS, and it improves the overall understanding of the broad impact of Cohesion Policy on the Commission priorities (e.g. EU Green Deal, A Stronger Europe in the World).
The third edition follows the motto Engage, Empower, Evolve centered around three topics: Youth, European Green Deal and Social Innovation.
From 7-11 March 2022, the EU MRS Week will Engage stakeholders from across the four MRS and the EU institutions, to Empower them to take charge of the opportunities MRS offer in order to Evolve their Macro-Regions towards a smart and sustainable future in the 2021-2027 programming period.
With 2022 being the European Year of Youth, the 3rd EU MRS Week puts a special notion on how MRS empower young people to become active citizens and actors of positive change, to promote opportunities provided by EU policies for young people and to include the ideas and visions of young people.
For the first time, a call for stakeholder sessions has been launched around the three chosen topics to form part of the programme around the three chosen topics: Youth, EU Green Deal and Social Innovation.
These sessions will broaden involvement and give various stakeholders from the EU and beyond to possibility to shape the EU MRS Week with the Commission. All stakeholder sessions will be held in digital formats.
The programme will provide room for the stakeholder sessions from Tuesday afternoon (8 March) to Thursday afternoon (10 March), each for a duration of 90 minutes in digital format. More information on the call’s requirements and technical support for selected proposals can be found in the Guide for Event Stakeholders on the event’s website.
Proposals with a cross-MRS approach, which are inspiring, replicable and clearly related to the key objectives of at least one of the four macro-regions will have higher chances to be selected by our evaluation committee.
Which information will need to be provided?
- Names of speakers and the moderator
- Concept of the session
- Short description for the event website
- Preferred day and time slot
If you are interested, please go to the dedicated website https://eumrsweek.tw.events/, insert the password: EUMRSWEEK and submit your proposals until 6 February 2022.
The results from the call will be communicated on 10 February 2022 to all applicants.
Please feel free to also share this information with your network.
For more information on the available time slots for stakeholder sessions, please see the draft programme:
- 7 March: Opening session, Youth session, European Green Deal session (afternoon, organised by DG REGIO)
- 8 March: Social Innovation sessions and speech by Commissioner Ferreira (morning, organised by DG REGIO), Slots for stakeholder sessions in the afternoon (13:30-15:00, 15:30-17:00)
- 9 March: Slots for Stakeholder sessions (9:00-10:30, 11-12:30, 13:30-15:00, 15:30-17:00)
- 10 March: Slots for stakeholder sessions (9:00-10:30, 11-12:30, 13:30-15:00, 15:30-17:00)
- 11 March: 14th High-Level Group Meeting, followed by the 5th MRS Presidency and Trio Meeting (co-organised by the Lithuanian Presidency of the EUSBSR)