Business contacts between Bornholm and Warmia and Mazury
Between 29 and 31 May Mr Lars Albak from Bornholm Business Center paid a visit in Warmia and Mazury Region. His visit was based on two important foundations: 1. closer links between companies and business support institutions will contribute to economic development of Bornholm and Warmia and Mazury, and 2. creation of practical dimension of economic cooperation between these regions has to become a model of diverse cooperation of partners in Euroregion Baltic.
The task of Mr Albak was to define economic and organisational potential of Warmia and Mazury in some selected leading branches, organisations and business institutions. Meetings were attended by representatives of tourism, construction and environmental On the first day he visited Elbląg Tourism Cluster which expressed interest in joining the network of similar clusters around the Baltic Sea (Mr Lars Albak is one of coordinators of this process), and Elbląg Technology Park with its very modern research-laboratory facilities that can be a contractor and a good location for practices of Danish students. On the next two days Mr Albak had meetings organised by Warmia-Mazurian Regional Development Agency in Olsztyn which concluded in the following:
- Olsztyn branch of the Business Centre Club will establish a connection with its counterpart in Denmark.
- Warmia and Mazury Confederation of Private Employers, introducing an innovatory technology, will be contacted with lavatory cluster on Bornholm (a leading one in Denmark).
- Energy Cluster „Razem Cieplej” will establish contact with its Danish partner (from outside Bornholm); a training visit to Denmark will be organised in autumn.
- Regional Tourism Organisation is interested in offer to join a network of Baltic clusters mentioned above.
- A huge impression was a University of Warmia and Mazury in Olsztyn. According to Mr Albak, facilities of environmental engineering laboratory (Centre for Renewable Energy), aquaculture and dairy sector create excellent perspectives for cooperation. This opens opportunities for close cooperation of Danish food producers with the University.
Information collected in the region will be compiled and presented as an introduction to further actions. Mr Albak believes that cooperation of both regions can be a bridge for companies of both sides to enter domestic markets.