In the frame of the 4th call for proposals, the Monitoring Committee (MC) of the Interreg South Baltic Programme 2014-2020, gathered in Güstrow (Germany) on November 8-9, 2017, has selected 11 projects for funding.
Among others, for the Specific Objective 5 – “Improve the cooperative capacity of local South Baltic area actors through participation in cross-border networks”, the delegates have selected “UMBRELLA – Boosting cross-border cooperation capacities of local actors in South Baltic Sea”. The project, which sees the Association of Polish Communes of Euroregion Baltic in the role of Lead Partner, aims at developing know-how capacities for small local and regional organisations in the South Baltic Programme area in order to initiate their active participation in the cross-border cooperation.
Here’s the full list of the projects approved for funding:
Specific Objective 2.2. Increased use of green technologies in order to decrease the pollution discharges in the South Baltic area.
– LESS IS MORE – Energy-efficient technologies for removal of pharmaceuticals and other contaminants of emerging concern;
-STEP – Sludge Technological Ecological Progress – increasing the quality and reuse of sewage sludge;
Specific Objective 3. Improve the quality and environmental sustainability of transport services in the South Baltic area.
– CAR – Creating Automotive Renewal;
– CoBiUM – Cargo bikes in urban mobility;
Specific Objective 4. Increase the share of skilled labour force working in blue and green economy sectors of the South Baltic area through joint cross-border actions.
– SB Nature Guide Network – Supporting sustainable nature tourism in transboundary coastal areas in the SB Region via establishing a common education scheme for Local Guides;
– SEAPLANSPACE – Marine spatial planning instruments for sustainable marine governance;
Specific Objective 5. Improve the cooperative capacity of local South Baltic area actors through participation in cross-border networks.
– CICPA- Common Initiatives in Conserved and Protected Areas;
– FilmNet – South Baltic Film and Culture Network;
– SB FICA – South Baltic Food Culture Innovation Actors;
– SB YCGN – South Baltic Youth Core Groups Network
The resources from the European Regional Development Fund to be allocated to these projects amount to 10 547 504,02 EUR (14% of the Programme financial capacity).