In May 2023 the ERB Executive Board decided to establish a Task Force of experts appointed by the ERB member organisations.
The Task Force will focus on renewable energy, in order to identify and develop joint efforts to increase the adaptation of societies and promote better use of available resources to mitigate to the climate change impact in the Baltic Sea Region and Europe.
With reference to the ERB Executive Board the Task Force will have two concrete activities:
- To map ongoing and planned initiatives in the ERB regions regarding renewable energy sources (RES)
- Regional development strategies, plans, roadmaps etc.
- Involvement of citizens, NGO’s, business, labour market, educational and research sectors
- Future infrastructure and energy corridor plans
- Labour market issues, such as initiatives to mobilize skilled labour force
- Technology aspects, such as development and testing of new technologies
- Security aspects, such as measures regarding cyber security
- Other relevant aspects
- To identify potential joint ERB efforts, such as lobbying, exchange of knowledge or experiences, and joint project initiatives
The Task Force has a time frame from August 2023 until June 2024, when an eventually continuation will be decided.