Are you between 16 and 30 years old and do you represent the Baltic Sea Region? Do you organise conservation activities with children, other young people or a local community? Or maybe you have a project in mind to raise awareness of consumers on sustainable seafood or to use marine resources in the Baltic Sea sustainably? Or something completely different that you think has the potential to change things in the area?
Then we are looking for you!
The #Youth4Ocean Forum has launched a new call for project proposals, designed to promote the ideas of young change-makers in the Baltic Sea Region! All across the Baltic Sea Region, we are looking for young people that either are or would like to develop an ocean-related project and that are keen to become Baltic ‘Young Ocean Advocates’.
What do you get out of it?
As a Baltic Young Ocean Advocate, you will have access to exclusive benefits and resources to make a positive change for the Ocean:
- Your project and personal profile will be showcased in the Youth4Ocean Forum section on the Maritime Forum website of the European Commission, and promoted on social media by the EU4Ocean Coalition;
- You will get support and guidance from members of the EU4Ocean Coalition, to help you carry out your activities;
- You will have access to the coaching/mentoring programme of the EU4Ocean Coalition to develop your project and skills;
- You will be invited to participate in the EU4Ocean sea basin events on an equal footing with the EU4Ocean Coalition other members and get the chance to pitch your project and ideas in front of a broad audience;
- You will be able to attend events and network with leading experts, likeminded young people and professionals from all over Europe.
- You will get access to tools and networks to promote ocean literacy in Europe.
- You will be able to participate in EU4Ocean Coalition discussion groups on topics: Food from the Ocean, Climate & Ocean, Healthy & Clean Ocean;
- And last but not least, you will have the possibility to participate in the EU4Ocean final event (to be held in one the EU Member States in 2021/2022), and to win an award for your project.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for all kinds of projects or project ideas that take place in the Baltic Sea Region or that are somehow linked to the region. You can find more information in the Guidelines which include a handy FAQ section:
- From the Baltic Sea Region / or a project (idea) focusing on the Baltic Sea Region
- Project (ideas) relevant to Food from the Ocean; Ocean and Climate; Healthy and Clean Ocean
- Project (ideas) relevant to the ocean: focusing on marine education; conservation; research, performing or visual arts; Blue Economy and entrepreneurship; fisheries and aquaculture; maritime transport; coastal tourism; sports; etc.
- Project (ideas) bringing a solution to a marine and/or social challenge, promoting sustainable development, community engagement, good practice and behaviour; etc.
All kinds of ideas to create the Baltic we want are welcome and there’s no limit to imagination!
Will we see you on the 26th and 27th of August in Helsinki, Finland?
Supported by the Directorate-General for Maritime Affairs and Fisheries of the European Commission, the #Youth4Ocean and the #EU4Ocean Coalition are organizing the first Baltic Ocean Literacy Event taking place on the 26th and 27th of August 2021 in Helsinki, Finland. The event will showcase initiatives and activities from all Baltic Sea Region countries and gather all relevant Ocean Literacy stakeholders from across the region, to transfer and generate joint knowledge and to raise awareness about the ocean, its resources and its importance for the Blue Economy and human health. It will be a hybrid event, taking place both in-person in Helsinki as well as online.
In addition to the many benefits listed above, a successful application to become a Baltic Young Ocean Advocate will also give you a chance to pitch your project at the #EU4Ocean Baltic Ocean Literacy Event that is being organised on the 26th and 27th of August 2021 in Helsinki, Finland. We will select 5 pitchers that will be given the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to present their project to real ocean professionals. The winner of the pitch will be given the opportunity to present their project once more at the final event of #EU4Ocean taking place in 2021/2022 and receive extra mentoring to realize their project and bring it to the next level.
Brainstorm – submit your application until 1st August 2021, keep your fingers crossed and hopefully see you in Helsinki!
Your project is not related to the Baltic Sea Region?
You can still submit it and if it is approved there will be many other occasions to present it!