ERB Executive Board, at its meeting in Karlskrona on 27th of May, agreed on a standpoint concerning thematic scope of future South Baltic Cross-Border Cooperation Programme. Members of the Board decided to give full support to following thematic objectives of the Programme:
– Enhancing the competitiveness of small and medium-sized enterprises, the agricultural sector and the fisheries and aquaculture sector (T.O. no. 3);
– Protecting the environment and promoting resource efficiency (T.O. no. 6);
– Promoting sustainable transport and removing bottlenecks in key network infrastructures (T.O. no. 7);
and within the limit 20% of expenses:
– Promoting employment and supporting labour mobility (T.O. no. 8);
– Investing in education, skills and lifelong learning (T.O. no. 10).
This proposal was subsequently agreed with Euroregion Pomerania and officially sent to the European Commission as a joint statement of Euroregions.